Strathisla Bungalow is delighted to welcome you to hold your next amazing yoga retreat on our tea estate in the lush heart of Sri Lanka.
Situated in the stunning hinterland of Matale, where the days are warm and the nights refreshingly cool, our historic 1860’s bungalow is surrounded by six acres of lush tropical gardens, tea estates, a spice garden and spectacular mountain views.
The bungalow comprises five spacious bedrooms, which can comfortably sleep up to 12 people (on a shared-room basis). The bungalow includes two extensive living areas, a large dining terrace overlooking a 15 metre swimming pool (fed by natural spring water), a yoga shala, overlooking majestic mountains and our StrathisSpa for relaxing massages.
The bungalow is available exclusively for weekend yoga retreats and longer stays.
Your daily programme is proposed as follows, however this can be customised to suit your group’s requirements:
- Early morning – tea and coffee, fruit juice on the terrace.
- Morning yoga class.
- Brunch on the terrace, comprising a varying selection of the following: tropical fruits, juice, buffalo curd, home-made muesli, toast and spreads, pancakes, Sri Lankan breakfast specialties such as roti, pittu, dhal, string hoppers, green gram, hoppers, eggs, breadfruit, chapatis, etc. All meals are vegetarian.
- Afternoon to early evening – local activities such as local village walks or tuk-tuk rides of the Hunas Falls waterfall, village/town and local temples (nominal cost); learn to cook traditional Sri Lankan rice and curry; a complimentary guided walk of the tea estate and spice garden; relaxing/swimming in the pool, enjoying a massage.
- Afternoon tea and cakes/biscuits, fruit
- Early evening yoga class and meditation
- Evening – refreshments and nibbles poolside
- Dinner on the terrace. All meals are vegetarian.
For stays 4 days or longer, your package includes 1 hour of complimentary massage. Additional massages can be arranged for an additional cost of USD $35 an hour.
A mini-van can be arranged for guided tours of the Cultural Triangle sites of Kandy Temple of the Tooth and/or Botanical Gardens and/or shopping (1 hour drive), Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage (1.5 hour drive), Victoria Golf Course (1 hour drive), tea factory, Matale Hindu temple and Aluvihare Buddhist Rock Caves (both a 15 minute drive), Dambulla Cave Temples (1.5 hour drive) and Sigiriya Rock (1.5 hour drive) – there is a very reasonable cost associated with this, which we can discuss with you.
We are happy to give you advice about your itinerary and answer any other queries you may have.
We look forward to welcoming you to Strathisla Guesthouse.
All enquiries or bookings via email@example.com